close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Inserting eCart 5 into existing website

Thread began 3/09/2010 11:14 pm by Bruce | Last modified 3/23/2010 12:02 pm by Bruce | 6465 views | 39 replies

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Your post was not forgotten. Our reply policy is 1 to 2 business days. 3/12 was Friday. We are not available on the weekends. I'm sorry I was not able to get to your post on friday, but I can address your questions today.

the marketing is correct, you do not need to have any database knowledge to use eCart when you are creating a static cart. In your case however, with 400 items, you would need to add 400 add to cart buttons.

If you do not wish to learn anything about databases, than this will be your best bet, create a static add to cart button for each product you wish to sell.

This is a rather tedious task however, and can be simplified by creating a database. the real question is:
Do you wish to embark on the tedium of creating 400 add to cart buttons, or learn to use a data base.

Are you crating this database locally? if so, a good tool to use is SQLPro
www.sequelpro.com/

it is a fairly easy to use GUI tool that will allow you to enter information directly to your db.

as for the error you are getting, I would need to see the .csv file you are using top trouble shoot.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...