close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Dreamweaver has stopped responding

Thread began 3/15/2010 4:20 am by donald.dickson338135 | Last modified 3/17/2010 11:38 am by donald.dickson338135 | 4135 views | 7 replies

donald.dickson338135

Dreamweaver stopped working intermittently

Hello and thank you for the reply to my "woes".
Before I try out the things you suggest I thought it would be useful to provide another quick update.
I noticed that when I launched Dreamweaver the "WA Momento" window did not seem to connect with the WA site, in so much as the column "New" had an * against each item.
So I disconnected from the Internet and launched Dreamweaver again.
This time I received a Dreamweaver message "Could not connect to the internet, unable to register!" I clicked "Register later" (the product is/was registered) and Dreamweaver promptly loaded.
I closed Dreamweaver and connected to the Internet, started DW again and reconnected to the website on my computer.
I opened the Index page and verified it displayed in the browser.
I then attempted to start the Security Assist wizard and the extension would not start and DW stopped responding.
Restarted DW and tried another extension with the same result.
Brainwave! disconnected from the internet, restarted DW, open a page and tried to start an extension using Insert/WebAssist/. The extension loaded OK so went through the other extensions in turn using the same procedure and each loaded OK.
Reconnected to the Internet and verified that extensions were working.
It would seem that with the internet "live" and with DW running, when launching an extension, some internal verification takes place with the WA server - it was this internet connection that seemed to be the problem. Starting the extensions in the "internet disconnected" mode, seemed to reset what ever was corrupted.

My conclusion is that the glitch I experienced yesterday corrupted "something" big-time because when I also opened up Security Assist Access Page Manager I discovered that each unprotected page had been set to a protected page status, even the pages within the WA folders such as Helper_PHP.

I reset all the page access requirements and now I have everything bar one page working - I will move that problemy to the Security Assist support forum.

In the event that all goes pear shaped again, I have printed the help page you referred to but I m hoping that I will not need them. We will see!
Thanks again
Don

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...