close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Inserting eCart 5 into existing website

Thread began 3/09/2010 11:14 pm by Bruce | Last modified 3/23/2010 12:02 pm by Bruce | 6469 views | 39 replies

Bruce

Hi Jason,
Thanks for you reply.
Your reply regarding the Recordset is helpful.

3) you need to create a master detail page set. The master page is a page that shows all of the products in a list with a link to a detail page. The link to the detail page passes the productID as a querystring variable.
productdetail.php?prodID=2  

The layout of my website is different and does not have a master detail page for each product.
When mouse over the thumbnails we can see the enlarged image of the product. See the link:
colored_gemstones_rings1.html

Regarding databases:

You can either do that by manually adding new records to your tabel suing a tool like phpMyDAMIN or SQLYog to access your database…  

I looked at the document phpMyadmin and SQLYog in their respective web site and I can say it’s very complicated to me and it does not help me. I have no knowledge and experience in with these complicated software.

...or you could create an administrative back end site to manage your database using DataAssist. see the "How to create an Administrative back-end" tutorial in the How To section of the DataAssist support page:
http://www.webassist.com/support/dataassist/  

I looked also at your WA link about ‘Administrative back-end’ of the Data Assist. The problem is, I have to buy extra software from WebAssist to accomplish the database, and it’s going to cost me extra money that I cannot afford. This was advertised differently when I bought the eCart from WebAssist. I am really stuck and frustrated.

Here are the advertising features about eCart in WA website:
New Features in eCart 5!
o Quick set up and configuration
o No database knowledge required

Here are the extra software that I will need to make a ‘Administrative back-end’ according to the Support data assistance document:

Create an administrative back-end with WebAssist extensions
What Do You Need to Start?
Dreamweaver 8, CS3, or CS4
DataAssist
Digital File Pro (Dreamweaver CS3 or CS4)
SecurityAssist
Cookies Toolkit
Validation Toolkit
CSS Menu Writer

As you can see I have to buy all the above software to make an ‘Administrative back-end’ and this is out of my possibilities.
Sorry to say that but I am really confused and frustrated.

Regards.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...