close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Web Page Viewer for CSM

Thread began 3/11/2010 5:21 am by SPT | Last modified 3/25/2010 3:05 pm by SPT | 3970 views | 9 replies

SPT

Web Page Viewer for CSM

How about using a Lightbox type popup viewer with an Iframe to display the page i am editing:

So to test my idea I have added a static (light box type) popup viewer on several pages inside of the PowerCMS Admin area. The viewer has an iframe that contains the page I have the content on via CMS.

I think adding a simple pop up viewer like (Light box type) is most helpful. The Client does not have to navigate away from the CMS to see changes.

So what I need help/teaching on:

- Adding the fields in the database to enter the URL to the edited page.

- Adding form element to insert the url from the insert page and binding them.

Also Setting up Security Assist to manage Rules for hide/show based on Admin of Editor.

I will then place the dynamic URL inside of the Popup code inside of the html and it will look great.

Since I will restrict the insert page to the Admin only (me) I can be sure to enter the correct page url.

My provider allows me to use myphpAdmin. I have basic knowledge of how to create fields but can not seem to figure out how to create the relationships or Foreign key if that is the proper term.?

Also need help adding the security assist functionality to the Solution to make it truly less work for the web developer and more understandable to less savy clients.
So using my SecurityAssist to hide/show elements like:

“Delete” - this button can really create work when they press delete and the area on the page becomes unused and empty (no history to fix that one) then I have to go back and paste their code again.

“Insert Area”, there again it is not saving me time if I have to enter codes every time they “Insert New Content”.

“Developers Notes” at the bottom of the Contents Detail Page. Confuses the client.

So I guess I will also have to create fields in the database for Admin and Editor rights?
Then I have to setup a hide/show link inside of CMS to the Security Assist registration page for adding editors and administers.

The Page to insert admin and Editors should only be accessible via the Admin rights so I guess I just add another hide reveal to the link for that.

I would bet you smart WebAssist fellas could add all of that to the solution in a matter of a couple hours or less. I am on day 2 of trying.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...