close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Inserting eCart 5 into existing website

Thread began 3/09/2010 11:14 pm by Bruce | Last modified 3/23/2010 12:02 pm by Bruce | 6467 views | 39 replies

Bruce

Inserting eCart 5 into existing website

Hi,
I finished all the preparative setup for inserting the eCart 5 into my existing website.
Here is the list of what I did so far:

1- Setting up a Testing Server (Successfully done)
2- Defining a dynamic site in Dreamweaver (Successfully done)
3-Importing .SQL file (from WA) into MySQL Query Browser and phpMyAdmin.
4-Creating of database connection in Dreamweaver (Successfully done)

I have a website with 400 items and I need to add ‘Add to Cart‘ button for all of them.
I was recommended here (in Forum) to do Dynamic eCart with database because of the high quantity of my items and because it’s easier than to add ‘Add to Cart ‘button separately for each item.
So I need some help and assistance to start this step correctly and efficiently.
Just I let you know this is my first time I do dynamic pages, so I apologize if I ask the questions that may seem easy and obvious to you but difficult for me. Please be patient.

1)
According to the ecart_gsg.pdf document it says:
Open any PHP page of your website from the Dreamweaver Files panel.
Question 1:
All my WebPages are in HTML format. Should I convert them to PHP format?
If the answer is yes, so how can I convert them to PHP file in order to add “eCart” and in which folder should I save them after conversion?

2)
According to the Help document:
To complete General configuration for the ‘Add to Cart’ button:
1. From the Cart name list, select the eCart object available on the page, which corresponds to the shopping cart to be populated with this item.
Question 2:
Since I have 400 products in my website do I need to create 400 different shopping cart each time I add the ‘Add to Cart’ button for each item?

3)
According to the Help document:
Dynamic Add to cart buttons:
Select a recordset on the page which provides the item's definition information.
Specify the column within the recordset, which contains the unique id for the item.
Question 3:
I made a Recordset in Dreamweaver CS3 and I selected from Database items > Tables > products and clicked OK.
Did I choose the right database item?
How can I edit and enter my items information (e.g. Item name, item description, prices, etc…) into Recordset in order to insert the ‘Add to Cart’ button to my items?

Thank you in advance.
Please see the snap shot:

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...