close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Bulk Uploading

Thread began 3/05/2010 10:21 am by ronald_franklin366888 | Last modified 3/14/2010 7:42 am by ronald_franklin366888 | 2711 views | 12 replies

balexander389215

I have done that. I created a csv file and uploaded roughly 5500 products directly into the database. I put the categories in manually then created another csv to upload the linkage between products and categories. This is where it fell apart and I have not resolved it yet. Although from admin mode, checking on the products I could see that they were in the proper categories but in user mode it would not find any products when you clicked on a category. It would just freeze for 5 minutes while searching the return nothing. Another issue you may have is that in search view the text size is fine but in detail view I find it too small. This has to be handled manually for each product. There is no uploadable database field that I could find that changes font size on the description and these are not controlled by a csv but rather within CMS.

So yes you can easily get all the products in but as far as I've been able to work out you will have to assign them to categories manually. I've gotten pretty good at importing though so if you get stuck I'd be happy to help you with what I know.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...