close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

setting database up once site is finished

Thread began 2/24/2010 3:16 pm by ant.knott394719 | Last modified 2/25/2010 9:50 am by ant.knott394719 | 2950 views | 3 replies

ant.knott394719

setting database up once site is finished

Wasn't sure where to post this thread. My site is more or less complete and i would like to make it live. I've transferred the files to the host server but i wasn't sure about how to get the database to them. After trasfering all the files I put in the url and tried to access the site online but i got a database error message onscreen.

I realised i had to set up a user using the wizard provided on the cPanel of the hosting company so i set up a database user with the wizard and then i used there phpmyadmin to try to import the sql file that i had done a backup for. I'm not sure if this was the right thing to do, probably not as i got an error message 1044 which is similar to the one you get if you try to access the site online.

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Access denied for user 'latineyes_user'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/latineye/public_html/Connections/latinsite.php on line 9

Fatal error: Access denied for user 'latineyes_user'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/latineye/public_html/Connections/latinsite.php on line 9

When setting up the database user on the hosts admin area (cPanel) am i supposed to be putting the information in exactly as it is above or are you meant to come up with a new username and password. I'm assuming its a new name and password as they only give you a maximum of 7 letters.

Any ideas where i'm going wrong?? I asked the hosting company about the above and they told me to check the hostname is localhost 'well, it is on the php page' and that my username and password is correct but i don't know where i am supposed to be checking this information and comparing it against.

One other thing, how do you know if the hosting company has the database, does it get transferred when you transfer all your web pages and files or is it something that need to be done separately such as importing it with phpmyadmin like i tried earlier??. i'm very confused, i thought sending the files would be the easy bit.
?>

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...