close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Image location with CMS 102?

Thread began 2/24/2010 10:32 am by mac188476 | Last modified 2/26/2010 11:55 am by mac188476 | 3394 views | 9 replies

mac188476

Image location with CMS 102?

Hi folks

I have sucessfully uploaded CMS102 and been able to log in create, edit and or delete elements of my new page. I am extremley please with the ease of use and help instructions for the end user.

I have yet to adjust the elements of the HTML editor in order to reduce icons presented to client, but that for another day.

It must be a case of "Not being able to see the wood from trees" as far as image upload location, setting image variables in the Golbals file etc.

I am convinced that all the settings in the various files have been set correctly, else I would not have online access to CMS 102 on the web.

Having checked this forum, I have seen reference to setting an image file location, but I assume this is for CMS 100 or CMS 101 as CMS 10-2 makes no reference to it.

This is most likely where I cant see the wood......however for additional information I have include the following checks already carried out:

I have checked permissions on the /files/cms_files/ folder and have sucessfully uploaded images to it via my FTP application.

However when I click the "Insert/Edit Image" icon I am taken to the image properties window and I can click on the "Upload" tab and having browsed the picture files on my PC, chose and image and upload,. All appears to work and when I then click on the "Image Info" tab, browse to the /files/cms_files/ folder and select that image.

This is where the fun starts
1: the URL is then populated with a location minus the cms_files element and shows as "http:mydomain.com/files/cms_files/. The preveiw pane does not show an image, just a square box with red cross.
2:If I manually adjust the URL and include missing parameters it still shows box with red cross.
3:When I check the server, the image just uploaded to /files/cms_files/ it is not there or any other location on the server!
4:If I choose an image that I have manually uploaded via my FTP program, it displays correctly in the preveiw pane and gets saved and correctly shows to my page on the web.

Here is a link to the online page for ref: diary.php

Any thoughts welcomed to how to resolve the mystery image upoad location.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...