close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Problem getting PS3 and XAMPP working

Thread began 2/23/2010 11:36 am by mrs | Last modified 2/24/2010 1:42 pm by mrs | 6340 views | 13 replies

mrs

Problem getting PS3 and XAMPP working

I have had PS3 working on my mac with the apache server and php that comes preinstalled on the mac, but as is often pointed out here, cURL and GD Library don't exist in the mac based php. So, based on all the info here stating that PS3 works best on a testing server with the likes of xampp installed, I decided to bite the bullet and wipe my mac to get rid of any of the pre-existing mysql, mac's own php and apache server etc to ensure I had a clean install... wish I hadn't!

I loaded xampp and have tested the install, and I am getting the phpinfo fine and it's telling me everything required is enabled, however, I am now getting errors in the store when I try to test it.

xampp states to put any site files in one of two places; either in applications/xampp/htdocs, or in my ~username/sites which I have done in both, but I am getting an error from both locations saying:

Warning: require_once(../../Connections/PowerStoreConnection.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Users/macusername/Sites/getit-online/CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_home/menu.php on line 23

Basically, the first error, the cssmenu is failing to load. I guess the whole thing is broken in someway, so I'd appreciate some advice on this. I have not moved file locations in relation to each other. Within the connections file I had to change localhost to 127.0.0.1 as it had a database error on line 9 of the connections file. That has gone and has left me with a partially loaded page.

I didn't do an install of this on my testing server, I just copied the files from my previous system disk as they were working on that (with the exception of cURL and GD library).

ALSO... when I place any file in the applications/xampp/htdocs/ directory, I have to verify my administrator password before it does anything, however, dreamweaver has total access to that folder... why is this?

Thanks.

Mat

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...