close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Specific Local Testing Server Guide

Thread began 2/20/2010 5:10 pm by esms | Last modified 2/26/2010 1:04 pm by esms | 5459 views | 28 replies

esmsBeta Tester

My connections folder the connection file has:

<?php
# FileName="Connection_php_mysql.htm"
# Type="MYSQL"
# HTTP="true"
$hostname_PowerStoreConnection = "localhost";
$database_PowerStoreConnection = "databasename"
$username_PowerStoreConnection = "root";
$password_PowerStoreConnection = "root
$PowerStoreConnection = mysql_pconnect($hostname_PowerStoreConnection, $username_PowerStoreConnection, $password_PowerStoreConnection) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);
?>  

Hello Ian,

Sorry, I got confused about the last points you made. Do you mean you entered all that in the Database tab in DWCS4?

See screenshot - mySQLinDWCS4

Is the password here supposed to be entered as 'Root' as you have done? I couldn't see that in the Powerstore 3 getting started user guide.

In phpMyAdmin, it suggests there is no password set but doesn't seem to allow me to enter one that makes any link to the DWCS4 Database tab. See 3 x screenshots.

When I run an F12 preview, the Simple Installation Wizard fails at step 2 each time no matter what settings I decide to put into it. Should I copy your longer settings to see if it works? See screen shot.

I realise you might not get chance to respond before I disappear for a couple of days. I hoped to have more info to give to my neighbour's son before he takes my laptop into his college. He did suggest I make sure I get the latest version of the software before he looks at it. I think I have this - I'll check.

I'll download it again if I get chance in case my version was somehow corrupted.

Cheers.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...