close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Specific Local Testing Server Guide

Thread began 2/20/2010 5:10 pm by esms | Last modified 2/26/2010 1:04 pm by esms | 5513 views | 28 replies

neilo

There will still be problems unique to everyone. For some, uncommenting cURL and the GD libraries will be all there is to it. For others, the cURL extesion (and therefore the necessary dlls) will be physically absent from your machine, even if PHP thinks they are still there.

It can take some scraping to remove the previous install of mySql completely from your machine (including System directory files and Registry entries, and removing info from the OS system paths) in order to reinstall mySql clean so that the various inis will 'join the dots' in a new install.

I went through XAMPP and WAMP before realising that it was (for me) a choice of total reinstall - including OS - or going back to IIS.

Others will be having problems with the PS3 database set-up because of authentication problems caused by the different ways the mySql 4.1 v 5.x mySql root user's password has been written to the db. Even when you can see your password in the root users database and send that from an application it will still 'look' different to that same database as far as authentication goes, depending on what combo of versions you have, and have had.

I'm preparing to do OG's suggestion of setting up a linux webserver on a reprieved machine.

In the meantime, I understand that Ray is revising some of the technical aspects of the PS set up in order to negate the problems that some people have been having.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...