close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Powerstore 3: nice � intsead of "é" when using accordion sidebar !

Thread began 2/19/2010 8:03 am by davas56386677 | Last modified 2/19/2010 4:50 pm by davas56386677 | 1817 views | 5 replies

davas56386677

Powerstore 3: nice � intsead of "é" when using accordion sidebar !

Hi Dani and Jason,

I purchased Powerstore 3 a few days ago and started today with testing the new beast from WA.

Powerstore 3 is a very interesting solution, much better and stable than Powerstore 2 as far as I’m running the tests!
To adapt this solution for using foreign accented characters (French and German), I have changed all the charset=utf-8 to charset=ISO-8859-1 and added <?php header('Content-type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1'); ?> to Products_Detail_Lookup.php to help Products_Detail.php to display the foreign characters accordingly when selecting either an option or a value (works fine !)
On the front end, the new accordion sidebar challenges a new minor problem in displaying the foreign characters:
If you issue a product search using the menu bar, the product displays fine like shown in slide 1. BUT if one selects e.g. JURISNEWS in the accordion sidebar , then the “é” are displayed with these lovely &#65533; (that I hate so much!!!). Please look at slide 2.
I noticed that the page is not refreshed entirely but only the variable data on the Products_Results page. If you are on another page and click on the accordion sidebar you are “redirected” to Product_Results BUT WITHOUT any changing of the URL in the browser address.
So this seems to lead to a script that point to Products_Results without going through the whole Products_Results page, thus bypassing the ISO-8859-1 character decoding/encoding and OF COURSE giving this nice &#65533; instead of “é”.
For your better understanding please take note that I created the database using UTF8 and UTF8_unicode_ci. The same for the tables and their content (I modified the db.sql accordingly prior to run the automated INSTALL which is a nice and well designed feature by WA. Congratulations).
Actually I test PW3 on my home PC (localhost), so there are no clues on my website at the moment.
May I request your legendary help to solve this MINOR problem quickly? Many thanks.
Dan

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...