close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Simple Upload Not Working...please help

Thread began 3/07/2009 7:24 pm by mail350400 | Last modified 3/10/2009 2:05 pm by mail350400 | 4750 views | 4 replies

mail350400

Simple Upload Not Working...please help

Hello everyone,

I am hoping that someone can offer some help. I want to create a page where customers can upload a picture to a directory on my server. I have been trying to create a simple test page just to see if the upload works and it doesn't.

I created the file field and the submit button and used Digital File Pro to take care of all of the restrictions, etc. I've tested it both locally and on my web server. The file will not upload. In fact, I don't even think the file information is being sent to the HelperPHP file. I am able to browse for the file I want to upload and the info is filled into the file field. However, when I press submit, it seems to do nothing more than reset the form. My test page reloads with a blank file field, and the "uploaded" file is no where to be found.

I followed the simple file upload instructions that came with DFP. I set max file size and I have it set to only accept web images. I tried uploading text files to see if I would get the proper error messages but nothing happens. I even placed echo statements in the code to print out the values of all the variables. When I press submit, the file field goes blank, the values of all the restrictions I chose appear but the value of $uploadedFile comes out completely blank. I can only assume the uploaded file information is not even making it to the HelperPHP file.

Is there something simple that I am missing? Are there any known bugs with DFP? I just want to create a blank test page with nothing more than a file field and submit button to upload a file. There's not much documentation that comes with DFP so I have absolutely no where else to turn.

I know there is simple php code out there for uploading a file...I've tried it, and it works. But I need the restrictions that DFP can put on file type and size, and the error messages that come along with them. But most of all DFP costs $$$ and I would like it to actually work!

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...