close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Do we have to wait for a shooting star?!

Thread began 1/20/2010 2:11 am by tone397472 | Last modified 9/11/2011 4:09 pm by tone397472 | 11081 views | 49 replies

mrs

I would like to hark back to the original post and quote from office guy to reiterate the request for a tutorial in how all of your products integrate with each other from initial concept through to finished website. The individual extensions work great when I know what I am doing with them, but just to highlight the point being made, I bought your SuperSuite some years back, and although I looked at some extentions straight away, I didn't actually understand their place in the process of building a website. Because of this, I didn't actually use any of the products for something like eight months.

The first tool I did use was site assist; it didn't fit into my workflow and couldn't see how it would, so I ended up binning what had been produced. The next tool I used was data assist... all of a sudden I found the strength of a tool you make. I couldn't do without it now, but it took me eight months to realise it! Universal email is another tool I took a while to figure out how to implement. The same with iRite.

Validation tool kit... tried it, but just don't get it and how it works with pages I have created, so it is redundant along with site assist. I could go on, but you get the point.

What would be good is to see how you guys would take something along the lines of PowerStore and start from scratch with it and then construct it using your tools. The individual tutorials are great if you know what you're doing with each tool, but if like me you don't understand where and when to implement tools, they aren't in my case going to get used, and in other cases they aren't going to get purchased.

You could create an overview video tutorial of the process showing where each tool is used and why (start with tool A, then use tool B, then use tool C and so on). If the user needs deeper clarification of any tool, they then visit the already existing videos to gain a deeper understanding of how to implement it.

For example; double opt in email verification... I had a telephone conversation with one of your tech guys and he said use Universal Email, Data Assist and Security Assist. I am still trying to figure out how to do it... but that's a question I will post in another thread.

I'm not a novice, but I am no expert either. I have built some huge sites with thousands of visitors, but not by using your tools. The silly thing is, you have made development a lot easier, but in some instances, it's not clear how to use your tool, and so it doesn't get used or even purchased. I have all of these wonderful tools, but I just don't use half of them because I don't understand where and when to use them. You might understand them because you recognised a need for them to be built.

Anyway, here's hoping...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...