close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Add details from items table on order history page.

Thread began 2/13/2010 6:06 am by ant.knott394719 | Last modified 2/16/2010 3:58 pm by ant.knott394719 | 2812 views | 13 replies

ant.knott394719

History Pages - didn't quite work!

Thanks for this. This statement worked so far as allowing me to insert items from the items table (ie. ItemThumb1) onto the history details page however, if i look at order 26, for an order of 3 different items it lists the same itemthumb 3 times as opposed to listing the three items that were actually ordered (which should all be different), maybe some sort of parameter or variable is needed so that it lists only the itemthumbs for that particular order. Is that right or should it work without any extra bits.

In addition to the above, i'm hoping to use data assist to create a searchpage for seaching the orderID from the orders table and a results page with images and details from the items table. so if i search order 26 it would bring up 3 different images and the relevant details from the items table would appear below the image.

I've already tried this but had the same problem as above. At the beginning of the wizard i chose the orderdetails table, i deleted all items to search on except orderID. When i tried out a search it showed the name and description correctly as these items are actually in the orderdetails table. But the details from the items table below each image were all the same, i figured the easiest way to get it to work properly would be to add new columns in the orderdetails table next to name and description but maybe it can be done by creating a join statement like the one you provided for the history details page?

I should probably try to get the history pages sorted first and if i can't, i guess i'll have to revert back to my original plan. pls advise.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...