close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Information on recordsets + ATC Function for items with size options that affect pric

Thread began 1/20/2010 1:28 pm by JLK | Last modified 1/28/2010 5:07 pm by JLK | 3818 views | 12 replies

JLK

Eric,
The size chosen affects the price. Color doesn't, but color is tied to the productID which is tied to the price. All vpages need different recordsets(options), but I am tackling the rs OK now.

[On other pages I haven't developed yet, there are other product attibutes that the customer needs to select that don't affect the price, but that info will need to be on the checkout page (and input into my database, but I haven't gotten that far yet). For this I anticipate that I will have recordsets for the dynamic data and that can be transferred to the check-out page and my database, but my immediate problem now is for the product that has options that affect the productID/price.]

I understand from your reply that I do need one single recordset to hold all of the data that will affect the productID/price. I did create a rs earlier today to include ALL columns of data that I would need for this web page*
[* excluding quantity which I have as a separate rs with the quantity being a select list i/o of input and that seems to be working fine - multiple quantities is multiplying the price in the checkout page.]

This 1st page is a very simple rs with only 2 sizes and 1 color on this page. The result:

1. At first the dynamic lists didn't display correctly (showing the code as one of the options), but I made the following changes in the dynamic wizard in the properties inspector,
>Added Static Option label (Select),
>Options from Recordset: I choose the appropriate rs (the one with all data)
> And chose the Value and Label from that rs
>Nothing in Select Value Equal To:
This elimated the code as part of the drop down list. I include this info here because what I did may be causing my problems below.

2. In the broswer, the drop down lists include the Static Option label as the top selection in the list along with the other options in the list so it looks like:
Select
Select
Small
Medium
Large
Is there a way to remove the Static option label from the drop down list?

3. For the color, which has one option on this page, the drop down list, lists that color 5 times - the same number of options as in the size list. Naturally, I would like all lists to only list what is the selected column of the rs.

4. When I add various items to my cart, only the first option is actually added (ie when I choose size large - size small goes into check out page. When I add size Medium, it adds the quantity to the small item already in there. If I reorder the list, then it's always the first option in the rs that is added to cart. I tried binding the size value in the dynamic option in property inspector to the productID, but that didn't help. Can't figure this out.

Since I'm not sure what is causing this problem, I'm adding my rs statement, although it test out to be what I expected.
SELECT product.productID, product.desc1, product.name, product.weight, product.price, size.nameAbbrev, fabriccolor.name, size.sizeID
FROM product, size, fabriccolor
WHERE product.sizeID = size.sizeID AND fabriccolor.fabricColorID = 'Blk' AND(productID = '5' OR productID = '6' OR productID = '7')
ORDER BY sizeID

Note: As for cart appearance - think I have tackled that by making a list of things that I need to do to have appearance consistent - for me a non-coder, a better option than copying and pasting and trying to change php code. CSS and html not as difficult for me.

I hope i have explained appropriately. Look forward to hearing from you!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...