close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

admin product upload not uploading

Thread began 1/13/2010 10:55 am by michaelgreen252387183 | Last modified 2/24/2010 11:07 am by michaelgreen252387183 | 4014 views | 15 replies

neilo

Hi Michael,

Well - I'm having mixed results here (some are bad, some are dreadful).

When I first went in to Powerstore Admin and added a new product, I used your image and it uploaded ok. I tootled off to check other stuff, and came back just to re-test.

Now when I try to create a new product and upload an image (any one) the 'Please enter a valid file (.gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png).' error displays.

When I click 'cancel' I can leave the page. When I click 'New Product' the page opens with any info I entered the last time still there, plus the error messages.

I exit the PCMS pages all together, clear my browser cache, close and open the Browser again and go back to Admin to try to add a new product. The old page comes back with the old info and the 'valid file' error messages.

So as far as that goes, I am now in the same boat as you!

However, - and it may be the same for you - if I go to a 'Products' and then choose to update a product that has already been added, I can use any images from my machine, including the one you posted.

So it's not a permissions issue (I believe). Images can be uploaded from the Update Page, but (apparently*) not from the Insert page.

NOW*: I went to check in my Images/Upload directory using my FTP programme, and there are now a dozen of so copies of your file (names changed with incremental value) and a couple of dozen random images I tried from my machine, all of which the image upload error message in the Insert new item page said were invalid file types.

SO: The images ARE uploading, BUT for some reason, the validation on the file field id is failing when it shouldn't.

I have no idea what causes this, but the problem seems to be just a tiny glitch with validation that turns in to a huge problem with functionality.

I will do some poking about this evening (and after that I'll have another look at this problem) and let you know if I find anything out.

I don't have any real-life products in the database yet, so will clear all values from phpMyAdmin then start afresh to find out exactly when the error appears. I will need to do that anyway, as I can't get a 'clean' add-a-product page to test with.

In the mean time, hopefully this info will be useful to any WA_guy who feels it would be nice to spend his Sunday looking at problems concerning WA_stuff.

Cheers.

After Tea Update: Not sure if it helps, but when I remove both the thumb and image validation code from the insert page, the images upload with out a problem. I currently have a baby for sale for $9.00.

The more I go on, the greater the paranoia that I might be missing some obvious setting, or some step in the guide. Have a cople of things to try, yet. All a bit academic this, 'cause Jason will pop back in tomorrow and post, "Change (this) to (that)", and that'll be it.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...