close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

WebAssist Support

Thread began 4/29/2009 10:18 pm by jeff150879 | Last modified 5/11/2009 6:25 pm by jeff150879 | 6418 views | 16 replies

jeff150879

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  I understand your perspective, but that is not really what I am saying... I was trying to explain to you that Quality, Service, and Price are a balancing act. We are a small company, without public funding, without a government bailout and we put 100% of our profits back into updating the product, creating documentation, and support.

I know it is our burden to make these hard decisions, and I don't want to bore you with the details. I'm not saying pick one. I'm saying we already provide all three using 100% of our resources. If and when customers have issues we can either bolster the engineering so that the products are fixed and work better, bolster the documentation so that the customer can be successful on their own, or bolster the support. Unfortunately when you are using 100% of your resources, adding to one area necessarily means reducing another unless you are able to increase profit.

Of the three options engineering and documentation are usually where companies concentrate. The clear reason is that you fix it once and everybody can take advantage of it. I think Adobe, Microsoft, and in fact most software companies do not have as much dedicated support as WebAssist and in general our support is more thorough and knowledgeable. My personal opinion is that WebAssist should concentrate on engineering and documentation so that support isn't needed. Maybe that opinion came through to clearly in my tone without complete explanation it rubbed you the wrong way.

What is your incident number? It is very rare for a submitted incident to not be answered the same day. Expecially when for something as common as the winfilecache issue. I will look into it further.  

Hi Ray,

Sorry for the delayed response to your question. My ticket number is 91107 if you still want to look into it and view the timeline of responses.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...