close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

No email sent when submitting form...

Thread began 1/12/2010 10:10 pm by Stevebo | Last modified 1/12/2010 10:39 pm by Stevebo | 1409 views | 1 replies

Stevebo

No email sent when submitting form...

I have a profile form for a user where I insert a record (using DA) based on the submit button being pressed after they fill in their info. I do not have a go to location set for anything, then I added another server behavior using DA to update the record with an encrypted password that I generated using SA, and it too does not have a go to location set. Then I use UE to send an email containing a password that I generated (per the SA video on sending a password). I set the go to location to a welcome.php file in UE.

I have hard-coded the To address and have supplied a from email address as well. I used the unencrypted password stored in a session variable in the message body so I can see what was generated.

When I submit the form, it does the insert, it updates the record with the encrypted password, and I go to the welcome.php page, but the email never arrives.

I created a second form to ensure UE is working OK and I just submit the contents of a simple form which is captured in UE and it sends everything just fine.

Any ideas why UE won't send the email for my profile form yet it will insert the record, update the password OK and display the welcome.php page which is set in UE? It appears to be going to the right page after UE runs its course, but no email is ever sent. The UE code is last in the code view.

steve

steve

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...