close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Insert Todays Date for Multiple Update (form within form)

Thread began 1/06/2010 11:59 pm by jo4koalas392067 | Last modified 1/12/2010 3:41 pm by jo4koalas392067 | 1615 views | 3 replies

jo4koalas392067

Hi Jason

I am sorry I probably didn't explain myself very well. So maybe if you have look at a live page it would help: stateoccvisajoinmulti_Update.php?StateID=2

I would like the user to be able to press the button marked "Insert Todays Date" and update the "Date Last Amended" so only the date gets amended in the rows that are to be amended. Then press the "Update" button to update the whole page.

I guess it would be better to try and explain what I am trying to achieve and maybe you can let me know if this is the best way to do this or whether there is a better way.

There are 2 tables joined here on this multiple update page and when the page displays it displays all the information from these 2 joined tables relating to that State, so that the user can update the occupation details where they need amending. Not all occupations are going to be amended, so we can't do a blanket update of the "Date Last Amended" to the current date and it would be too painful to update each occupation individually, so I am looking for a way that the user can amend the date to the current date only on the rows that have actually been amended.

I have tried inserting in a text box field for the "Date Last Amended", but the date displayed (and entered) is/needs to be in SQL format (YYYY-mm-dd), which is not natural for someone to type and leads to typing/entry errors.

I would be grateful for any solution.

Thanks

Jo

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...