close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Need step by step for Contact Form

Thread began 1/05/2010 8:14 pm by chris-britton396422 | Last modified 1/11/2010 3:19 pm by chris-britton396422 | 8951 views | 31 replies

chris-britton396422

Yes I have read all the "How To's"

Lets start with the first one, How to customize the Contact Form Globals file (PDF). In the Quick Setup, I left the first line as is so that it will use my default email server. Then the second part - 4. Locate the following line: $WAGLOBAL_Email_To = "" ;, this line is not in the contactform.php file. I copied and pasted all the text in WORD and did a find and got nothing. The closest I could find was - $RecipientEmail = "".($WAGLOBAL_Contact_Email_To). Is this what I should be looking for? I dont know, and certainly dont want to change things randomly and really screw it up. So at this point I have changed nothing in the file. So then I move onto the "Incorporating the Contact Form Solution Pack into your existing site (PDF)" I am incorporating this form into an existing design (done in tables). I didnt use a template to design my pages, so I opened my existing contact us page and the contactus.php file. I made a new php file, copying and pasting my design as the main body, and copying an pasting the form from WA's contactus.php and pasting it into the cell on the table in my page where I need the form to appear. I saved this file in my root folder on my computer. Then, I opened the homepage of my site, and relinked the Contact_Us button to this new php file, so that when I click the button, I could at least see the form as is, in it's entirety. Not so much for testing, but just to view what I had. I uploaded all the new/revised files to my server (which is just a new folder I placed within my website folder for testing). This is what I get: ContactUs1.php. I want my form to be: Name:, Email Address:, Comments:, Submit. I dont think it gets much more basic than that. I assume I would just go into the form box (outlined in red in DW), select and delete the lines I dont want, save and upload and voila, but I havent made it to that point yet because I cant see what I have so far. I did also try setting up a testing server on my computer, but I dont know if it worked. I used this link: index.html?trackingid=FBTRR. I downloaded and installed MAMP (dont even know if I needed to), but toward the end of the installation/setup instructions it got kinda vague and said I would need Joomla. So I went back to my old way of testing, just uploading the files to my hidden testing folder online. If you could offer guidance/instructions on setting up a testing server on my machine, that would be great, and save me lots of time. I thought this would be easy. Any help you can offer would be great.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...