close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

need help with PG 1&1 and godaddy has same issue

Thread began 12/30/2009 5:21 pm by stevej_a2343714 | Last modified 1/04/2010 6:31 pm by stevej_a2343714 | 3788 views | 10 replies

stevej_a2343714

need help with PG 1&1 and godaddy has same issue

I have some power gallery pages posted at godaddy that are not working. I recently - on advice from your website - signed up for hosting at 1&1. I am having the exact same issue although you (support) claimed I wouldn't. I'm extremely frustrated by all of this.

godaddy Issue: i am trying to use subdomains for my site. when I try to navigate to the php page that includes the power gallery code (absolute path), the gallery and CSS menu writer files all work fine. However, when navigating to the SAME page through the subdomain the gallery code does not work and the css menu writer code also does not display correctly.

After speaking with your support I was assured that I would not have this issue at 1&1. unfortunately this was not the case. After mirroring my godaddy setup at 1&1, I have the EXACT same issues with one exception. at 1&1 NOTHING works. not even navigating to the absolute path.

the only thing consistent between the two hosts is that neither of them work. Also, if I use the link provide by the "add to site" page in admin the gallery loads fine. Just not in my pages.

I did a test... I created a totally blank page with one div. inside of that div I put the pg code. It worked. So I tried one more thing. I removed the php include call from the css menu writer code that came before the pg php call. IT WORKED. i can view my gallery just fine. However, I have no navigation - so this creates another issue.

the only thing I did was remove the css menu writer code AND I put the php page that includes the pg code in the root directory of my domain.

I need a real solution to being able to combine the css menu writer code along with the pg code INSIDE of a subdomain. I hate to yell "fire", but I've put FAR too many hours into this and I need you to give me an actual fix. Also, (not like it's your concern) I have two potential jobs relying on my ability to make this very issue work. If I cannot - it will cost me $$$. I need this to be fixed yesterday..... so please help me!!

Steve

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...