close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Install FAQ: Pls Clarify, Make Easier to Find & Revamp Install Buttons!

Thread began 12/09/2009 11:36 am by Riish | Last modified 1/10/2010 12:48 pm by Riish | 2498 views | 5 replies

Riish

Bummer...

Although I will address this with Adobe, I don't hold out much hope that they will implement a change. I do, however, have an alternate suggestion based on the following most recent "issue" with my WA extensions.

Having followed the "Yes to all" instruction, I came across issues that deleting the cache did not fix. So, once again, I uninstalled about 5 extensions (time I cannot bill), then re-installed the one I was trying to use. I agree that, in theory, installing the latest extension should not cause a problem, but DW can get pretty bloated, and different projects require different extensions...

So, how hard would it be to do either or both of the following:
1) let WA users know when an important file has changed so we know that extension has the latest [whatever] file(s).
2) periodically update all current extension versions with the latest files, even if several extensions have not "changed."

I think that would not be too much to ask, given the number of times I have received errors, and inordinate amount of time I have spent installing and uninstalling some of my WA extensions.

Or is there another suggestion?
Perhaps the ability to temporarily disable extensions to check for the offender / prevent DW bloating? Maybe by adjusting DW's config file?

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!
Rich

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...