close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

eCart & DFP downloads: db updated, but download not working

Thread began 12/22/2009 3:49 pm by thetypehouse | Last modified 12/23/2009 3:47 pm by thetypehouse | 3725 views | 8 replies

thetypehouse

eCart & DFP downloads: db updated, but download not working

Hello

Thanks for all the help so far.

Test site: http://taom.co.uk/resources/.
DW CS4 on WinXPSP3 / PHP / MySQL
WA products: eCart4.5.2, Cookies3.1.2, DFP2.0.2, DA2.0.6, SA1.1.8

1. I've followed the 'How to set up a Download Centre' recipe, but the download buttons aren't doing anything.

2. Data are being written to the user, order and orderdetails tables in the WA eCommerce database, and payment is taken by PayPal.

3. The checkout_success.php page has a link to the Download Centre (for which I've followed the How To).

4. The Download Centre was showing no records until I added the eCart server behaviour to that page, then a number of orders appeared, but with no functionality from the download buttons. Since then, the number of orders has remained the same (even though more orders are being written to the database). As there is a red exclamation marked next to the eCart server behaviour on the Download Centre page, perhaps it shouldn't be there.

5. The ProductLocation for the download files is outside the webroot, so the path in DFP is '../../downloads'. I assume that there are other customers using WA products for this purpose with 1and1 (Linux) hosting.

To cut to the chase, I'm wondering if the problem is that the session or order isn't being carried through from the checkout_success page to the Download Centre. The Order History page isn't showing any records at all.

At one point I had wondered if the checkout_success page should double up as the Download Centre, but I guess that would require an if-else statement -- to avoid showing checkout info when the Download Centre is accessed at other times than after an order -- and perhaps is making the whole exercise more difficult than it need be!

I'd be grateful for some guidance to help me see where I'm going wrong.

Thanks!
Alistair

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...