close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Results page does not include all records

Thread began 8/31/2009 10:56 am by kbettenc296716 | Last modified 12/21/2009 12:35 pm by kbettenc296716 | 2242 views | 3 replies

elizabeth130596

DataAssist Search Feature - multiple conditions not filtering

Hi - I have a site where we will be searching on members' credentials.
We are searching First upon their Interests,
Second upon Age groups treated,
Third upon their geographic location.

I am hoping that this feature, using the Search asisstn wizard from within Data Assist, will help me achieve this.

However, the search seems to only work to filter one criterion, the first one.
If a keyword exists within the first field Interests, but the following two conditions are not true, it will still return the results as long as the first result is true.

Search terms are taken from a drop down list and if they are included in the field being searched, the result gets returned. There are manytext words within the field being searched, so it is OK to return a lot of results.

Each search term uses the drop down list, and if that term is contained within the field being searched we want the result.

However, we are getting results when one or two conditions are true, not all three. That's bad.

Say I want a doctor who treats depression in children in syracuse new york, I do not want to see the doctors in New York city, yet that is what I get.

In the data assist search screen I am using Filter on Keyword, included in field and the AND connector for the other two criteria.

How can I refine my searches so that all conditions are true, only returning those results, and giving an Empty results reply when the results are false?

AND, if that doesn't work, how can I apply a second search behavior on a results page?

thanks. URLS are:

SEARCH PAGE:
search_by_INTERESTS.php

RESULTS PAGE:
results_matrix_interests.php

elizabeth

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...