close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

WebAssist Support

Thread began 4/29/2009 10:18 pm by jeff150879 | Last modified 5/11/2009 6:25 pm by jeff150879 | 6448 views | 16 replies

jeff150879

WebAssist Support

I have been a loyal customer for years and own most of the WebAssist products. I am satisfied with most of them. But my post today is about my dissatisfaction with WebAssist support.

When I have a problem with a product, I need assistance today, not 2-3 days from now. I also can't afford to wait another 2-3 days after every response. If it takes 6 messages back and forth to resolve my issue, it may be two weeks or more. I don't have the luxury of that kind of time.

I opened a support ticket on 4/27/09, late in the day regarding problems with CSS Menu Writer 2. I received a response the next morning, which was OK, but basically it was a canned reply, which the technician spent no more than about 15 seconds telling me my problem is a known issue on pre-release versions of CS3. Well, I have the latest build of CS3 which I said in my immediate response. I'm going on 2 days waiting to hear back.

BTW, your sales department sent an email today wanting to sell me the "CSS Menus Starter Kit for Photoshop." The sales emails always get sent in a timely manner.

This kind of thing has been a chronic problem at WebAssist since I've been a customer. There are too little resources devoted to support for the folks who have already bought your products.

Support tickets should be answered same day if received before noon. If received after noon, they should be addressed before noon the next day. Follow-up responses should be answered within the same time frame. There should be a toll-free support number to call as well, that someone will actually answer. Online chat for support should also be available.

The new website is beautiful, and the sales & marketing emails are gorgeous too, but it's time for WebAssist to step up and start supporting their products like a real world-class software company.

I'd like to hear what others think on this issue and what the decision makers at WebAssist have to say about their "it takes forever" support practices.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...