close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Was considering purchasing but!!

Thread began 11/30/2009 6:17 am by secure377208 | Last modified 11/30/2009 9:54 pm by secure377208 | 2956 views | 9 replies

secure377208

Thanks for the explanation etc

Hi Neil,
Thanks for your explanation re the demo, it was mentioned in an earlier post that an upgrade is in the pipeline, would any purchase made now be entitled to that upgrade free of charge? and also what sort of timeline are we talking about? as we have witnessed within the forum customers can be picky and expect everything to work correctly and we need to feel confident that the product will work simply and reliably for the client and your advising that the menu issue hasnt been fixed with IE8 is of course a concern.

Also, and please dont take this the wrong way but your comments re QA being busy with other things and not being able to get involved with checking an update release in the immediate future, if not careful it is going to come across as though all webassist are interested in is developing new products to sell but with little time to ensure that they work properly, I would assume that the ability to upload images in a CMS application was a pretty basic and important part of the package and that if full testing was carried out prior to release that it would have come to light then with less embarassing results.
I know all systems are different and the difficulties in trying to ensure compatibility across platforms etc but it is my understanding that this wasnt an issue just affecting some installs but all.

Just trying to be helpful in advising how things can be interpreted sometimes. I am sure that like me everyone is grateful for the support you provide its just that sometimes it's nice whatever you purchase to have everything working and sufficiently documented straight out of the box, it saves aggravation for the client and releases tech staff to keep developing instead of supporting. It would also possibly prevent clients like myself from delaying potential purchases through doubts about reliability and support.

Again I and I am sure everyone else appreciates the work you do, perhaps just a little consideration and understanding that few if any of us out here have the same understanding of your products as those who have developed them and that we are all starting to use them with different levels of experience and knowledge so its probably far better to document on the understanding that every potential user knows nothing, after all they are very likely the types of client who are attracted by your own advertising phrases such as "No Coding required" etc which is like a magnet to those with little experience.

I apologise if I have brought clients annnoyances to the fore again, all I want is some positive feedback from users to remove my concerns of reliability etc.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...