close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Migrating to PayPal Express or Dual Gateway with Authorize.Net

Thread began 11/25/2009 9:26 am by Kevin373660 | Last modified 12/09/2009 8:55 pm by Kevin373660 | 5517 views | 11 replies

Kevin373660

Migrating to PayPal Express or Dual Gateway with Authorize.Net

I have setup my eCart 4.5.2 Wizard (php, MySQL) and related pages to process payments remotely through our Authorize.Net account. Now I need to switch to PayPal for remote processing which would allow customers to select their preferred method of payment either through their credit card or PayPal accounts. I have proceeded to get the PayPal Standard account setup which from my understanding is compatible for remote processing with eCart. I believe that the PayPal Express will not facilitate credit card processing.

This is with a dynamic data base, and integrated shipping with UPS. At the moment billing and shipping address information is collected on the Checkout.php page to facilitate shipping and country/state tax rates and the tables are updated as soon as the customer moves ahead to the Confirm page. We will be handling shipping and tax calc and do not need to forward this information to PayPal. I believe that we do not need to collect the billing information as that is payment method specific and can be collected by PayPal.

At the end of the successful payment process we need to update the tables if payment is successful and send the customer (using Universal Email) an acknowledgment/receipt with order details and activation codes for some items.

As support knows, a lot of work has already gone into getting everything working up to the Confirm.php page. Do I have to run the Wizard again? Or can I simply add the PayPal payment process and disable/remove the Authorize.Net payment code?

Please, please post back with direction on how to proceed and still meet the project objectives. Thank you.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...