close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Problem inserting record....no errors given

Thread began 11/24/2009 6:48 pm by jc1cell390254 | Last modified 12/01/2009 9:50 am by jc1cell390254 | 2492 views | 8 replies

jc1cell390254

Problem inserting record....no errors given

So I'm back with the same problem I originally had, except this time everything seems to run great but no record is being inserted from my form. While troubleshooting I noticed that the DW insert behavior doesn't give me the red exclamation but the DA behavior does.

Here's how everything is set up. I have the register form working great. The client record is created taking me to the login page. This also works great. It takes me to the client base page (not developed yet, just a placeholder). I don't have a link to the project form page, so after going through the motions above I view it in my browser and fill it in. When I hit submit, it seems like it thinks for a second and then stays on the same page. No new record, no redirection to client base page. Nothing.

I have included the .zip files of all the mentioned pages in hopes that you may be able to see my problem.

Oh. I should mention that in the project form I have a hidden field created. This field received data from a recordset I created that gets the client id if the email in the cookies is equal to the email in the client table.

Before I used to get an error saying that the client Id is missing and it couldn't create the child record. But now I get nothing. If you also need a copy of the database I can provide that as well.

This step seems to be my aquiles heel since every time I get to it I'm stumped. I've read some php tutorials and seem to understand it fairly well. But I'm afraid not well enough to get this figured out. I even tried the echo command and it didn't work for me....like I said, I understand it but can't implement yet.

Please...Ayuda!!! :D

jc

Attached Files
website structure template.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...