close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

If only it worked!

Thread began 11/17/2009 6:58 am by mikedesousa77780 | Last modified 11/17/2009 9:12 am by mikedesousa77780 | 1338 views | 1 replies

mikedesousa77780

If only it worked!

Jimmy Wu of Web Assist gave a lot of his time in finding a problem with Site Assist Pro (Ticket #109965). He needed to locate then delete a line of code in the web assist wizard JavaScript that appeared to be causing the crashes in Mac Snow Leopard. We eventually managed to build a basic site with Site Assist Pro, and although the close document line of code at around line 630ish was no longer active, all seemed OK.

So, I installed Web Assist's CSS Menu Writer V2 as this furthers the capabilities of Site Asist Pro. Big mistake. Here's the error that now appears whenever Site Assist Pro runs (even after reinstalling):

------------
While executing onLoad in wasap_wizard.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:

in file "wasup_wizard":
initializeUI is not defined
------------

OK, so Site Assist Pro just isn't working on the Mac, let's try this on the Windows XP SP3 PC. I spend another lengthy period defining a site only for Site Assist Pro to freeze again as I click the next button at the Header/Footer stage.

Enough! I have to say that over the years, and although they offer great promise, WebAssist extensions have far too many bugs. I've spent too much time hoping that the latest version will deliver a pain free solution - it hasn't. Heck, it took several stabs in the forum before it was even escalated to a ticket, and then I had to provide a great deal of information before the WebAssist team eventually twigged there was a very real problem that wasn't a simple error.

Why bother saying this here? Well, I didn't want to make a song and dance of it on the forum, so I tried adding feedback to the ticket, and guess what happened when I clicked the submit button? "Error, that page doesn't exist on our server... says it all...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...