close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Alternate shipping provider

Thread began 11/03/2009 11:10 pm by gwh362692 | Last modified 11/10/2009 11:43 am by gwh362692 | 2455 views | 6 replies

gwh362692

Thanks for the reply,

With regard to the first shipping rule:

Your assessment about totaling the weight for all of the items is correct, this can be setup as a trigger for the shipping rule.  

I haven't done this before so may need some guidance. In the shipping tab of the eCart Object, would I create a merchandising rule, eg.

The trigger condition would be: Subtotal for any column, then
If the subtotal of column TotalWeight is <= a value of 25

Then choose calculation: flat rate and enter a dollar amount.

I'm not sure if the above is correct because as I mentioned, the first rule encompasses two zones with each zone having a separate rate. For example, Zone 1 would represent a list of suburbs and would therefore have a specific rate, and Zone 2 would represent another list of suburbs with a second specific rate. I'm assuming that I'd need to create a separate database table with a column for zone type, and then another column for the suburb. Once this was set up would I need to revise the above merchandising rule so that two extra conditions were applied, ie. it would need to compare the chosen suburb to the suburb in the zones table, then if it was in zone 1 then a certain dollar amount would apply, and if in zone 2 the other rate would apply.

Is it possible to create these conditions in the shipping tab dialogue?

Also, I noticed in the Shipping Provider section of the eCart Checkout Wizard, if you don't choose one of the shipping providers there are options to put in a base rate, and a per item rate. Do I need to do this as part of the steps to get this working?

The other thing about this charge is making it more for an incremented amount of weight like 5kg. This part will be a bit trickier to implement as it will not be supported within the eCart interfaces and must be customized directly in the eCart code.  

I'm not sure how to get this part working. I didn't plan to weigh each and every clothing item, but instead I thought that the best way to go would be to weigh an average size item from each clothing category, eg. weigh an average shirt, an average jacket, an average pair of shoes etc. then I'd enter these weight measurements when I create each of the products in Powerstore. So once an order has been placed, I'm guessing that the code would have to:

1) multiply the total quantity of each product by its weight
2) add up the total weight of the entire order
3) once the total weight is calculated then if it's below 25kg and in zone 1, then price A is applied, and if it's below 25kg and in zone 2 then price B would apply.

Can you comment/advise further?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...