close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Uploaded files, pages don't show up

Thread began 11/02/2009 7:51 pm by micja | Last modified 11/05/2009 4:11 pm by micja | 2518 views | 8 replies

micja

Uploaded files, pages don't show up

Working in Dreamweaver CS4
Vista Operating system
testing server on an external hard drive

Background: Started with an existing site that wanted to add a shopping cart. Purchased and installed Powerstore and eventually Menu Writer originally into a sub folder of the existing html site. We had a number of issues getting things to work and followed WA suggestion to break the site into two on our local site definitions and folders--one the existing site, the other powerstore. Then we were told to upload the powerstore files into the existing site on our remote server.

After breaking the sites into two, we still had some problems getting the testing server to work with Web Assist, but as of today, that part is working GREAT! I haven't tried actually altering the menus yet, I posted a question in that regard on the Menu Writer forum.

I then deleted all the powerstore files that we had uploaded when the two stores were together in dreamweaver, and attempted an upload to the /public_html/ on my remote server. I reset my database connection settings, and those connections seem to be working. I do get the index page to upload, but if I click on any other links, I get error messages. Whether I use the drop down menus or the links across the bottom, I get pretty much the same messages. What it looks like is that it is trying to pull a [function.require_once]: from the old site path, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to fix all of these.

I would like to open a ticket so I don't have to paste the page or specific error messages on the public forum...

I'm getting closer though!

Thanks!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...