close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Image uploading with HTML Editor

Thread began 10/28/2009 1:02 am by simmo515303621 | Last modified 11/25/2009 5:51 pm by simmo515303621 | 5394 views | 17 replies

simmo515303621

Image uploading with HTML Editor

I was hoping you could please help me with the new HTML editor
I have been frustrated with this for 2 days now - it has not been a simply upgrade to my existing iRite pages
I have build a CMS backend system located at iS_admin
As I have a site defined specifically for my Admin section only, but of course it is a sub_folder on the server
I specify my upload folder as /userfiles/
but HTMLEditor upload my images to userfiles/
not userfiles/
If I go insert an image then goto the upload tab - browse for an image then send it to the server.. that will work
although sometimes I will need to click the refresh height and width to see the image
the URL that shows up is /iS_admin/userfiles/nameofimage.jpg
but If I click to insert an image then browse server
I can see the images and I can also upload to the server form there
but when I double click to insert the image the URL returned is /userfiles/nameofimage.jpg
of course it is missing the /iS_admin/ and if I append that to the URL it works.

If in the initial set up of HTML editor I choose /iS_admin/userfiles/ as the upload path I get an error that mkdir can find or create that folder or something like that.

I have also found that if I goto the HTML Editor Site Settings and redefine anything, I need to re-upload the entire HTMLEditor folder as I dont know which files have been modified - it seems there is the config.php but it seems to be defined in other files as well - as there is no documentation I do not know what to re-upload...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...