close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

SA email PW not sending

Thread began 10/23/2009 8:48 am by rog4679 | Last modified 10/26/2009 1:46 pm by rog4679 | 6877 views | 13 replies

rog4679

Form Requirements

Hi Brian-

The pages I created are built by the seven videos and this is my fourth attempt.

I posted my code from My Email PW form so that you could tell me what's missing.

Your reply told me that the random password code needs to exist in several specific areas. The differences between the videos and your instruction are possibly huge. For one there's no mention of Universal email in the videos. There's no mention of the random password on pages where they populate fields with a field from a WAATK forgot password form.

My response asked specifically where the code needs to exist, because after creating these forms several times, I know that using the videos is not going to add random pass code where you mention it's missing.

I don't want to make this harder than it's meant to be.

My site needs two capabilities -
Let members login and have access to protected pages.
Let members use an email form to send the entire club an email.
That's it.

I've purchased the entire WA Super Suite and over the past two weeks started to create the forms necessary for the above site capabilities. I'm no where and I'm the only person with code missing specific to the video tutorial. I thought my code is something you see everyday and know exactly how to instruct me differently.

Please just tell me how to -
Let members login and have access to protected pages.
Let members use an email form to send the entire club an email.

Thaks, Kathi

ps. if the code from my EmailPW doesn't tell you what's missing in the videos, here's my step by step overview showing missing random password and Universal email instructions -

Video 2)Using SA wizzard, I built the four forms and tested the pages. Everything is fine.
Video 3)Upadate SA Auth User behavior and encrypt the password field to SHA1. (There's no mention of a random password or where it applies in this video. Is that correct?)

Video 4)Update registration page. Remove insert record behavior and replace the behavior with DA insert record behavior - step 1 - apply sessions. Step 2 - applying dynamic fields from the WAATK registration form and check SHA1 in the password field. Create a hidden field MM_insert next to post button.

Still no mention of random password.

Video 5)Modify user profile page by adding a hidden form field as text 'change password' linking to another page.

Video 6)Creating a new password page. Add the behavior DA update record. Step1-under Record; Key column is UserID and the value is session userID. Step 2-update options, select UserPassword field and in the dynamic value field select password field from the form you're now creating Change the format to SHA1.

Still no mention of random password.

Video 7)Modify EmailPW page.
step1 - Add binding SA random password named newPW.
step2 - Add server behavior WA cookies toolkit session name newPW and value is dynamic random password.
step3 - Add DA update record behavior. Under Record area - Update Key 'user email' and value 'dynamic value from WAATKforgotPWform 'email address'. Next in the update record form, select the userpassword field and change the dynamic value to session NewPW and format SHA1.
step4 - add SA Email Password. Setup server info. Next, set lookup field to UserEmail, lookup value to dynamic WAATK Forgot password 'email address'. and remaining form fields are exactly as the displayed in video instructions.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...