close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Populate update page

Thread began 8/04/2020 7:50 am by Jonas | Last modified 3/16/2021 2:15 pm by Jonas | 717 views | 14 replies

Jonas

Populate update page

I have created a dynamic dropdown menu based on the tutorials: Dynamic Dropdown with Data Bridge 2.0 (http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Dynamic-Dropdowns-with-Data-Bridge-2-0.

It consists of insert, update, detail and results pages. All pages except update work as they should.

In my case, the main menu is countries, and the child menu is cities.

On the update page, of course, I want to show the city that is registered together with the country. But this does not work. I have tried to figure out the problem, but get nowhere. The country is displayed correctly, but the menu of cities is empty. To see the associated cities, I must now first select another country from the country menu. Only then are the associated cities displayed. This is a problem. But I also want the one who is registered to first appear when the update page is displayed, just like country. Hope you understand what I mean.

Here is the select code for the city page (plugins), for the update page:

<select class="form-control" name="cities" id="cities">
<option value="0" <?php if (!(strcmp("", ($WADAbuckets_update->getColumnVal("buc_citID"))))) {echo "selected=\"selected\"";} ?>>Välj Ort</option>
<?php
while(!$rsCity->atEnd()) { //dyn select
?>
<option value="<?php echo($rsCity->getColumnVal("cit_id")); ?>"<?php if (!(strcmp($rsCity->getColumnVal("cit_id"),($WADAbuckets_update->getColumnVal("buc_citID"))))) {echo "selected=\"selected\"";} ?>><?php echo($rsCity->getColumnVal("cit_name")); ?></option>
<?php
$rsCity->moveNext();
} //dyn select
$rsCity->moveFirst();
?>
</select>

Does this look correct?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...