close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Bought DataBridge V2 - trying to figure out the ins and outs of creating own CMS

Thread began 7/19/2020 10:31 pm by cldsk | Last modified 7/20/2020 9:59 am by cldsk | 314 views | 1 replies

cldsk

Bought DataBridge V2 - trying to figure out the ins and outs of creating own CMS

Hello, I recognize this might require a premium ticket, which I am opened to. I decided to buy Databridge V2 in the hopes of creating my own CMS's for clients. I was able to create the DataAssist CMS and security pages from the wizards...but not too sure where to go from there?

Do I design my own actual pages for the CMS and then use a php include file for the WebAssist generated pages? If not, do I just put my design over the generated pages?

Is there a simple way to add a "history" feature like PowerCMS has?

Is there a simple way to create a template page like PowerCMS has (so a client can add in their own pages)?

Is there a way to add custom classes to the toolbar that a client can select from (ones we used in the design)?

Is there a way, once I get my demo CMS together to basically copy it to my other client sites so I don't have to go through the process for each site? (I realize I would have to connect their unique pages to it, though I was hoping to somehow set up a "Master" version that I could easily deploy.

Thanks for any help you can give - I have been an exclusive PowerCMS user over the years, but hoping to learn creating a custom CMS through PowerCMS for more customization/etc. I am not super well versed in the ins and out of MySQLi/PHP but trying to learn! The video tutorials for Databridge seem to be for v1 and not the new wizard's pages.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...