close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

PowerCMS and Extensions Updates

Thread began 10/08/2009 7:46 am by tim383164 | Last modified 10/08/2009 3:24 pm by tim383164 | 1843 views | 3 replies

tim383164

PowerCMS and Extensions Updates

I purchased PowerCMS 1.0.0, along with the Super Suite a few months ago. I am developing a PHP website, using the supersuite extensions, and Dreamweaver CS4.

I have been updating the various extensions since my purchase.

I have just started to deploy the PowerCMS solution to my website. As this solution is a zip file of the php code, I have a few questions?

1. General - As PowerCMS utilises iRite (and other WA Extensions) what happens when these extensions gets updated? I have now received at least one update to iRite, to Version 1.03. What version of iRite is used in the PowerCMS solution? Can we overwrite the original version that comes with the Zip File, with the latest version?

What happens, if I were to move all files from their original folder \CMS100\.. to the Root folder of my site, then would there be conflicts if I install the latest version of iRite, and utilise this functionality in another part of my web site. I also noticed that it uses WA_Validation_Toolkit. I have just purchased the CSS Form Builder and had installed that (firstly removing the original Validation Toolkit extension). Applied a Form using this tool prior to installing the PowerCMS. I noticed that there were differences in the php code between the two copies of Validation_toolkit. Which one do I use?

As this solution also utilises, other components such as Security Assist etc then whenever these extensions get updated how will they affect PowerCMS's functionality.

2. As an initial implementation I installed PowerCMS as is into my site under the folder of CMS100\.. I adjusted the Globals file as follows:

<?php
$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL = "http://localhost/" ; //Absolute path to your site folder.
$WAGLOBAL_Site_Name = "Site Admin" ;

$WAGLOBAL_localRoot = "/CMS100/"; //relative path to your PowerCMS files on your local testing server.
$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot = "/CMS100/"; //relative path to your PowerCMS files on your remote server.

//iRite Images upload settings
$WAGLOBAL_Images_Folder = "images/"; //relative path to your images folder.
$WAGLOBAL_Swf_Folder = "swf/"; //relative path to your swf folder.

// Admin Settings
$WAGLOBAL_Admin_UserName = "" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Admin_Password = "" ;
?>

I pushed the site to my Test Web Site (local pc running WIndows Vista with PHP and MySQL installed locally)

I could login to PowerCMS ok and create some content pages with text. I applied the <PHP> code to the relevant pages through Dreamweaver and pushed all content to the Test Server. I could see my newly created content ok.

The first Issue I have is that when I tried to add an Image to the content (e.g. a small gif file) I have had many error messages etc. "Invalid File" is one and it wont allow me to copy the file. When I pushed this site to my current Real Web server (Windows 2008 Srv / IIS running PHP 5.2 and MySQL 5) I also could not seem to save a file to my website cms100/Images folder.

2nd Issue: After manually copying the image file (via ftp), when I try to insert it into my text page using iRite, I get the wrong path (see attachment bitmap), the address should be say top.gif but as you can see from the attachment it defaults to top.gif. Unless I manually add the /cms100/ path, the image cant be found.

I know this posting is rather large, but what is the management plan for PowerCMS, in terms of the updates to the various Extensions that this product uses, and is there any fixes or explanation to the pathing problem.

Regards

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...