close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Have you actually tested on an Apple Mac?

Thread began 10/07/2009 5:39 pm by mrs | Last modified 10/29/2009 2:12 pm by mrs | 8828 views | 27 replies

mrs

Have you actually tested on an Apple Mac?

I am incensed with rage here. I have spent hours loading and unloading your extensions on a completely new Mac only to have DW crash time and time again.

It's to do with the memento panel, and there are so many people on this forum that have complained about it, so why on earth have you got it as an automatic install?

I have now spent five hours in the extension manager loading and unloading your extensions, nobody else's, just to have DW crash on me!!

It's all because the memento panel is so unstable. I have had to find an extension that will allow me to keep DW open long enough so I can choose to never use it.

Once I had managed to disable the memento panel, I started slowly loading your extensions one at a time, then launching DW to see if it will remain open. Painstakingly slow, so I decided to run the risk of doing two at a time... BIG mistake! All was going well after five hours, and suddenly, loading one of the last remaining extensions, DW crashes upon launch. So, I unload the offending couple of extensions, but to no avail. I now find myself having to unload them all again only to go and load them again! F**K

Your memento panel is a cheap shot at extra marketing. You already have marketing loaded into each extension when they are launched, so please, for god's sake, have memento as an extra loadable extension rather than a must have. I have lost so much time trying to sort this out!

I am an Adobe Influencer, and since the introduction of memento and the stability issues I now face, I have not once recommended your software as I do not want my clients coming back to me stating I should sort out their problems because I recommended something inherently unstable!

The extension I started to unload before writing this rant is still trying to unload... I have another 28 to get through!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...