close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Admin update page not showing correct data

Thread began 6/13/2018 12:55 pm by tmcbinc99963 | Last modified 6/15/2018 1:59 pm by tmcbinc99963 | 604 views | 3 replies

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We will need to do a premier support ticket to go through this together.

In order to be truly proficient in creating web sites you need to master quite a few concepts that work together:
1) HTML
2) Javascript
3) CSS
4) Database Design
5) SQL
6) PHP

Depending on where you are least proficient, there are many books you can read about any of these topics. Using our tools puts these 6 concepts together, but an understanding of the underlying technologies is always helpful particularly when debugging when things go wrong. I'll attempt to answer your questions here, but really a 1 hour training to go over these would probably be necessary to fix them efficiently.

If you want help through the forums I'd suggest:
1) Post only one issue at a time and not three
2) Include a URL and steps to reproduce the problem so I can view it on the web directly
3) Provide FTP access if I don't already have it so I can look at your files
4) Verify that the data in the database is correct and describe how it works since I won't likely have access to your phpMyAdmin

Detail page
I'm not entirely confident that the issue is only in the php code and not a data integrity issue. I'd first confirm that the database has the correct records to begin with.

If the database is correct, then it is probably a matter of writing the correct SQL statement. Most likely adding a GROUP BY clause, but I'd need to talk it through with you to see what you are trying to achieve and how the database is structured.

Search results
The multiple repeat issue is a matter of adding a GROUP BY in your recordset sql statement probably. The error on the update is a missing url parameter most likely.

Update page
The missing record after update is probably because you aren't inserting the correct record in a joined table and your recordset uses an INNER JOIN. If the associated record in a related table is missing then the result won't be found.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...