close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Another message from PayPal in regards to TLS 1.2

Thread began 3/16/2018 10:35 am by TroyD | Last modified 7/12/2018 8:59 am by TroyD | 4579 views | 23 replies

TroyD

This issue continues...Help :)

Ray,

I have been dealing with PayPal for months and I still can't get any useful help from them. When I talk to them, they tell me that 2 particular sites don't pass their tests. And when I ask why, they say "it doesn't say why it doesn't pass, just that is doesn't".

This week my client received letters in the mail which I will attach an image of here rather than trying to retype it.

These two sites are setup completely differently. One is a PayPal Advanced shopping cart with the endpoint being a PayPal Pro account. The other has one simple "Buy Now" button with the standard PayPal endpoint. And that one button is within a secure login so the only way PayPal could test that one is by the request of a payment and not by looking at the page the button is on.

Both sites have Comodo Essential SSLs and have passed all tests I know to run including the test code you provide above as well as the one you provided in the other thread http://www.webassist.com/forums/posts.php?id=41111 That test pops up "TLS 1.2" when I view the page. I also setup a sandbox for the "Buy Now" button site and I get a "Success" message from PayPal when I complete the transaction.

The one thing I have not yet tried, is mentioned in the letter under number 3 in the list of actions to take. I have not figured out how to do that. Going to tlstest.paypal.com only tells me that my browser is ok. I'm not sure how to test my actual server or these two websites.

I don't know what to try next. I am really concerned that other clients might have received these letters too and just haven't told anyone.

Can you take a look at this letter and tell me if you see anything?

Thanks so much,
TroyD

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...