close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Creating Data Assist from pages <New From Blank>

Thread began 3/03/2018 9:35 am by vanroojdotcom | Last modified 3/09/2018 9:53 am by vanroojdotcom | 2668 views | 10 replies

vanroojdotcom

Creating Data Assist from pages <New From Blank>

After purchasing Data Bridge I have tested a few wizards in preparation for an actual website I need to build. I created an Application Type = "Product Administration" and clicked on the [x] Create database table for me.

This way I would be sure it works without making changes - the default baseline practice.

I am now moving into the make my own changes stage and have encountered a few problems:

1) Using the Application method, when I try to delete a column in Manage Pages - Dreamweaver Crashes. OK so I have to create the initial pages using all columns and perhaps simply delete the relevant input text box after. A work-around.

2) When I create the pages using <New From Blank> option, the update page (on the website) does not update it simply hangs for a bit, I can search, see the results, insert new and view the details page, but cannot update an existing record. Am I missing some manual step that I must do before uploading files? I click on the recordset but get a 406 error code? Is this a known issue?

This has me a bit worried because I need to add a new database next of my own creation - Make and Model of Car. Without update option this is not going to work.

3) When I create Application type for the product catalogue - on manage pages, I only have the option of Image Source, Image Alt Text, Title, Description, Price. But I need more Bindings for my products. I can't add anymore Bindings (or columns like you can in the Administration Section / New From Blank).

So I'm a bit stuck

Admin Application - can't remove columns
Catalogue - can't add columns
Blank - can't get the update page to work

Trying to change Recordset results in ERROR 406

Any Ideas?
Many thanks
Christopher

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...