close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

MRT update breaks if more than 248 form field repeat selections/regions

Thread began 11/15/2017 10:41 am by TroyD | Last modified 11/16/2017 11:55 am by TroyD | 1789 views | 6 replies

TroyD

MRT update breaks if more than 248 form field repeat selections/regions

Is there any known issues where having more than 248 repeating checkboxes, or any form elements, breaks the MRT update?

I have an update page with a MRT. The checkboxes (and other form fields) are in a repeat region/repeat selection. This page has worked for a long time but as the number of products increased, it finally exposed an issue.

The page is used to create packages of products. So basically 4 tables are being used for the MRT.

tblProducts (267 products in my case)
relProduct_Options (relational table for size and color options and products)
tblPackages (id and name of packages)
relPackage_Products (relational table for the products in each package)

There is another table for the size options title but it’s not required for the MRT to perform the updates.

I shouldn't say that the MRT is broken totally. As long as you check or uncheck any of the boxes from 0 up to the 247th, click update and it works. But click any of the boxes that are beyond that, the update ignores them.
When I print out the post array, I can see that even that breaks part of the way through the 248th group of fields.

Each iteration of the repeat select contains 5 total fields currently used by the MRT

WADA_RepeatID_ProductOptionID (hidden)
ProductOptionID (checkbox)
ProductID (hidden)
PackRequired (checkbox)
ProductQty (text)

And another hidden for future use called PackSteps (hidden)

I found that if I remove that hidden field, PackSteps, everything works. It’s not even included in the MRT behavior at the moment.
If I do include it, it still doesn’t work. At first I thought it was a syntax error for that field, I wasn’t seeing but it’s not. If I remove the ProductQty field instead but leave the PackSteps field, it all works. So basically it comes down to a max of 5 fields allowed and/or a maximum of 248 rows of repeating regions.

I’m including the stripped down version of the page. I’ve stripped out everything I can but it still doesn’t respect the fields beyond the 248th. (the 248th is actually #247 in the counter since it starts at 0).

To test this issue, you would need to query a products table with more than 249 products. In my case I have 264 repeating regions of the fields. All of them show correctly all the way down to the 264th. If I view the source, I don’t find anything that is broken. But they won’t all post.

I’m using the latest version of DataBridge in DW CS6. I saw there were some updates but not for this version, just the CC versions so I’m not sure if maybe there has been an issue that was fixed or not.

The wa_appbuilder_php.php that I have has a copyright of “Copyright 2005-2007…” Is that they latest version?

Oh, one last thing. The redirect in the MRT doesn’t work either, unless I remove one of the form fields in the repeat.

I can provide more information if needed.

Thanks,
TroyD

Attached Files
packages_Update_WA.php.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...