close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Cannot create connections (or anything) on CC2017

Thread began 9/05/2017 7:18 am by Orian | Last modified 9/08/2017 3:23 pm by Orian | 3001 views | 14 replies

Orian

Sir; with all due respect, I am BEYOND frustrated with this extension. I have been fighting it for three days now and, things are only getting worse.

I have, indeed downgraded my CC to DW2015, losing much of what I renewed with Das Adobefuhren to get. The extension does not work on 2017. That's fine. I got that.
But, it IS supposed to work on 2015... and it is not.

I need to get to work - either learning more about MySQLi or PDO. Certainly NOT futzing around with an extension that needs to be coddled in order to do anything.

After another two hours of begging this thing to work, I finally got the WebAssist menu at the top menu. The interface is extremely buggy and after entering all the fields, and testing the connection... It (crashed?/disappeared) and I had to start all over again. The second time was no better and, I had to walk away before things started getting broken.

I exited... restarted... rebooted... and finally the WebAssist menu graced me with its presence again, and allowed me to create a connection.
Then the Data Modeling screen appeared... With NO idea what to do there, I searched the site... found an outdated/unhelpful tutorial from before the integration of several extensions into one.
I could not find anything such as an "idiots step by step getting started"... cause that what I thought... "I must be an idiot".
At any rate, I just clicked OK on the data modeling screen and tried to move on.

I recreated my index.php before all of this. So, I opened it... And, the DATABASE panel was nowhere to be found... nowhere!
I could not figure out how to open the darned thing... more futzing around, and it finally appeared in the middle of the workspace. So, I drug it over to rest beside the "Behaviors" panel...

Time to create a recordset...FINALLY!
Alas, the SAME problem from CC2017 happened again... The "+" for the server behaviors is GREYED OUT! And, another hour of futzing around has not made it to light up...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...