close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Subscription Pricing for WebAssist Products?

Thread began 6/20/2009 10:08 am by golegup359373 | Last modified 2/16/2010 12:32 pm by golegup359373 | 5470 views | 12 replies

David CHnet.com

Licensing policy

Originally Said By: Jimmy Wu
  We are just trying to lower the barrier to entry for new customers and offer a subscription model for those who want to be ensured the latest version of everything at a fixed annual cost. This doesn't affect users who already own the product, since you still have what you paid for when you purchased the extensions.  

There comes a point where a company becomes successful enough to risk crapping on it's customer base and I feel that's where WA are right now.

I suspect that a very large percentage of WebAssist customers are small businesses, struggling to make a buck. I hesitated for over a year before buying the tools I wanted. Of course, it goes without saying that cash flow is a major issue for most small businesses, hence my hesitation before making the investment. I don't give two hoots whether I OWN the product or LEASE the product, what I care about is my cash flow, and if I had been offered the choice of a subscription there is no question whether I would choose to lease.

But, having taken the plunge I spent around $800 just 6 months ago, and now the only thing I am being offered is a small discount to upgrade to the subscription. I nearly fell off my chair when I first saw this and have now used the website feedback form 3 times to express my views and ask questions, with no reply.

I would have expected a very special offer for existing product owners, something like the first year of fees waived. I feel that the return on that investment would have generated close to 100% of take-up from existing customers and would have started to pay off massively in year 2 onwards. Meanwhile, the new customers are getting a great deal and would have signed up anyway. So, by making this gesture everyone would have been happy, I wouldn't be sitting here typing this, and WA would have quite likely done better out of the deal.

As a businessman I understand that the subscription model is far more interesting to WA and it's new customers, but alienating the existing customer base in the process of introducing it is unnecessary.

This takes me back to my original point. "There comes a point where a company becomes successful enough to risk crapping on its customer base and I feel that's where WA are right now." Enough said.

I rarely take the time to write in Forums, but this is my 3rd post to the WA forums in the last 24 hours. I'm loving the tools themsleves but my view of WA is now tainted and I am rapidly losing trust in the company.

I'd like to say: this is just my opinion, and I'm perfectly entitled to it.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...