close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Increase in non productive posts

Thread began 10/04/2009 7:32 pm by Office Guy-172461 | Last modified 10/05/2009 7:10 am by Office Guy-172461 | 1377 views | 4 replies

Office Guy-172461

Increase in non productive posts

At the risk of sounding like a whiner myself, we seem to be spending a lot more time dealing with posters with a chip on their shoulder or an axe to grind. This has greatly affected my willingness to risk getting involved with posters. I've actually resorted to making a list of people to avoid, broken down into:

Rude
Whiners
Waste of time (those that appear to be asking people to write their site for them instead of trying to learn how to do it themselves)

This helps me avoid getting into useless debates. I was greatly encouraged when Ray deleted a post that I thought was way out of line. At times it's seems that we have been invaded by people that just want to derail the community.

I don't know what the answer is, but I think some plan should be formulated before it gets totally out of hand. Maybe an image can be created with the WA logo and something like "Post outside forum guidelines", that can be use to replace the text of offensive posts. That would act like a place holder so it wouldn't require a lot of explanation and maybe prevent the poster from feeling that they were being singled out.

Any ideas?

BTW thanks to Dave Buchholz for taking over for me in the "Web Assist not available to IE6 users" debate with Reynold. It was getting harder and harder for me to resist saying something unprofessional. :)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...