close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Recordset only returns one row

Thread began 5/17/2017 12:41 pm by tmcbinc99963 | Last modified 5/17/2017 4:44 pm by tmcbinc99963 | 533 views | 1 replies

tmcbinc99963

Recordset only returns one row

I have two pages - a lube navbar page that links to a lube info page. These use a URL parameter to show results. Need to have a toggle button on the info page that shows all the products associated with that lube.

Trying to use the 'lube' URL Parameter to show the product list.

Using three tables: lubetype, prod (products) and prodtype (this one ties in the first two with foreign keys)

My recordset uses the 'lubetype' table and INNER JOINs both 'prod' and 'prodtype' tables. The filter uses: lubetype table ID = prodtype table ID.

The results are correct, but can't get the region to repeat. I've tried using different tables as the main recordset table and tying in the others. Also tried moving the repeat region around to see if that's the issue. No success so far. I've tested the recordset in the dialog box and multiple results show.

I feel like I should be able to use the URL parameter from one table to show data from another table using inner joins, but it also could be a simple repeat region problem. Do I need to pass a product ID in the URL to show a product list? Can filtering use columns from separate tables?

As you can tell, I'm all over the place on a solution.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...