close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

excluding certain products from delivery calculation

Thread began 9/06/2016 1:44 pm by Christopher West | Last modified 9/13/2016 3:55 pm by Christopher West | 3022 views | 13 replies

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

excluding certain products from delivery calculation

Hi ok, I have set up a delivery calculation page (this page is hidden from customers as its function is to perform a recordset lookup and then create a session which is then used in the ecart object.

a sample of the code is:

php:
<?php

$rsDeliveryCost 
= new WA_MySQLi_RS("rsDeliveryCost",$ecartdb,1);
$rsDeliveryCost->setQuery("SELECT * FROM shippingcosts WHERE ShippingCostZone = ? AND ShippingCostWeightTo <= ? AND ShippingCostSize <= ?");
$rsDeliveryCost->bindParam("s""".$rsShippingZone->getColumnVal("ShippingZone")  ."""-1"); //colname
$rsDeliveryCost->bindParam("s""".$eCart->DisplayInfo("TotalWeight")  ."""-1"); //colname2
$rsDeliveryCost->bindParam("s""".$eCart->DisplayInfo("TotalSize")  ."""-1"); //colname3
$rsDeliveryCost->execute();?>

as you can see I had created some additional properties in the ecart object so that I can use.

In my products tables I have 2 fields, the first is "ProductFreeDelivery" and the second is "ProductCollectionOnly" these store a value of either "0" or "1", So any products that have a value of "0" on either of these two table fields I want to exclude them from the shipping calculation.

I assume I have 2 different options:

Option 1 - Would be to do a recordset INNER JOIN to the above code to include my Products table and then I can filter out the two table fields in the above about recordset.

Option 2 - In the eCart Object, I would create 2 new properties in the "Columns" table which would store the two table fields as mentioned. With this I can then add two new lines to the above recordset, for example:

php:
$rsDeliveryCost->bindParam("s", "".$eCart->DisplayInfo("ProductFreeDelivery")  ."", "-1"); //colname2

$rsDeliveryCost->bindParam("s", "".$eCart->DisplayInfo("ProductCollectionOnly")  ."", "-1"); //colname3

And then use that some how to check for a value that doesnt equal "1".

Are there any other ways that are more logical?

Chris

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...