close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

logic question regarding shipping calculation

Thread began 7/06/2016 6:28 am by Christopher West | Last modified 7/12/2016 11:15 am by Christopher West | 4092 views | 9 replies

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

(1) With regard to answer answer (1) you provided, in the past I have just used session variables to do the same thing that you mentioned, what are the main differences between both approaches?

(2) With the answer you provided, "only necessary for express checkout, as is the pp_confirm page" - Why isn't this server behavior in the pp_confirm file then?

Im just trying to break down the check wizard.
a) the checkout.php seems to use framework builder to call the files confirm_cart.php and confirm.php files on javascript conditions.
b) confirm_cart.php - purpose is to display shopping basket
c) confirm.php - purpose is to display credit card form
d) pp_confirm.php - is the pay that PayPal Express returns to after login to paypal.

A few things I need to change (workflow) is:
a) I would like to allow PayPal Express users to fill in the billing details (unless of course after login to PayPal I can return values I can store in database)?
b) I need to place somewhere my shipping calculation - where would this be best placed in terns of which files?
c) I believe best place to place coupon code calculation is in the shopping basket page (before checkout).
d) I before checkout - the client wants to allow customers to either login or use checkout as a guest checkout - do you have any recommendations on workflow. Im looking at ways to integrate this if I were to use the checkout wizard?

Chris

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...