close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

storing and manipulating images on server

Thread began 6/05/2016 2:27 pm by Christopher West | Last modified 6/08/2016 3:09 pm by Christopher West | 1291 views | 6 replies

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

Hi Ray. Ok my questions to your reply;
(1) when you said 'save the image into a folder with the SKU...what did you mean? Because if you mean the actual folder named as the SKU, then that would mean lots of folders so would take even longer to search through!
(2) taken from above I could create folder names as brands, and then the SKUs within the brand folder...that could be a better way of reducing.
(3) the main reason I put this forum post forward for feedback is because the client wants to provide me with an excel spreadsheet of products, now if I were to store image filenames in an image table on the database, then that would mean the client would need to know the ID column from the products table to then input into a second spreadsheet for the image table....that will get very messy since the client only has basic computer skills...that's why I thought to just allow them to upload the images directly as I can use a multi image upload script file where they can drag and drop images on the webpage and they get uploaded automatically, and as long as the image name has the correct SKU then it would automatically be associated with the product in the database.

Chris

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...