close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Add a flat-rate shipping option to UPS list

Thread began 9/23/2009 1:32 pm by christy342106 | Last modified 9/30/2009 5:49 pm by christy342106 | 9698 views | 11 replies

christy342106

Can you clarify just where to place that bit of code? I have found a few different spots that I thought were the UPS shipping server behavior, but when I try adding the condition, the shipping does not get charged at all - there is no charge listed on the confirm page regardless of what is chosen from the select list on the checkout page.

On my confirm page, I have a large block of code beginning with:
<?php
if ((((isset($_POST["Checkout_x"]))?$_POST["Checkout_x"]:"") != "")) {
//WA eCart (Copyright 2007, WebAssist)
//WA eCart UPS Shipping - UPS
$Shipping_SuccessURL = "";
$Shipping_FailureURL = "shipping_failure.php";
$Shipping_Packaging = 0;
$Shipping_PackageArray = array();
$Shipping_PackageIndex = 0;
$Shipping_Counter = 0;
...and so on

I thought that was the shipping server behavior that has been set up in the cart wizard.

I also have the session:
<?php
if (!session_id()) session_start();
if((((isset($_POST["UPS_Service"]))?$_POST["UPS_Service"]:"") != "")) {
$_SESSION["UPS_Service"] = "".((isset($_POST["UPS_Service"]))?$_POST["UPS_Service"]:"") ."";
}
?>

I'm either not looking in the right place, or I'm not placing the code in the correct way. I'm not completely confident on if I should be working from the confirm page or the checkout page.

Also, I have restarted DW, and the flat-rate value is still failing to be saved in the cart object. I may not be working with the most updated version of ecart, which could make a difference. I can add that value through the code itself, however, to get around that issue, correct? I'm assuming I change the line $totalShipping += 0;//Result

Thanks for helping me through this. I must be making a silly mistake somewhere that is just cancelling out the shipping altogether. I just wanted to make sure I'm putting the code in the right place before I keep trying to figure out what else could be happening.

Thanks again - I appreciate it!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...